Monday, July 9, 2012

Auld Lang Syne...so to speak

For anyone who happens to check here at the now outdated Reunion 2012 blog site----

Everyone is safely home this Monday, July 9th.  Grandma and Grandpa, and the California Redheads were the last to get home (9:00 PM last night).  I have been having fun perusing the OBX photos on the various blogs and FB.  We had a great time as a family and as individuals.  Everyone put so much work and planning into the week long event and Grandpa and I are so grateful.  We will always remember our beautiful family, grand kids and adults, and will always be grateful for what we have shared.  We are all different and are all the same and thus it made for a very memorable family time.

A huge "thank you" goes out to Jason for sacrificing 90% of his vacation time to preserve this capsule in time about our family.  Times like these are very rare and very difficult to bring about and are very precious for the grandparents, and hopefully for the rest of you.  I am also very grateful that the Lord was brought into each of our daily "doings" and that our petitions for safety was answered.

If any of you have suggestions for making any future gatherings smoother and more enjoyable, let us know.  We always need and appreciate all the help we can get.

Sidenote:  I got 19 grandchildren autographs on my reunion T-shirt.  Only Chloe, Penny, and Xander are missing.  Now I am going to tenderly wash it and see how it survives.
Also, Cara is collecting a few of the recipes we enjoyed during our dinners and will be posting them on this blog soon.

Love all 32 of you beautiful people.
Grandma Nutt

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this post. What would I change about the reunion? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I loved it and had a wonderful time. I thought it was the perfect mix of fun activities and time to relax. I loved seeing each and every person and loved the location and loved that everyone worked so hard at making it special for everyone else. Thank you mom and dad for facilitating it and everyone for making it AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete